Your privacy and the security of your personal information is extremely important to us. Any information you provide about yourself will only be used in accordance with this policy and here we explain what we do to keep it secure. The data we collect is either essential for the services we provide or to enhance your experience.
What sort of information do we collect and hold?
- Information that you provide when filling in forms on our website such as your name, business address, telephone number, email address and any feedback you give to us, including by phone, email, post, or when you communicate with us via social media.
- Information that you provide when purchasing our products and services, such as your name, business address, telephone number, email address.
- We retain information about the services that we provide to you (including, for example, what they were, when and where, what you paid, the way you use our products and services).
- When you register to receive our communications we retain your information to send you periodic newsletters about our products and services, marketing guides, news and service updates along with invitations to events we may hold.
How do we use your information?
- To help us assist you further with your enquiry or to allow us to perform a contract with you.
- For statistical analysis to help us improve your experience with us.
- To help us understand more about you as a customer or contact, and the manner in which you prefer to communicate with us so we can provide a better service.
- To help share ideas, insights and useful tips related to leadership development, education, organisations and communities.
- Invitations to events and general updates on our recent activities.
- To help answer your questions and resolve any issues you have about our obligations with you using our services.
Who we might share your information with?
We will never share any information with any third parties for commercial or financial gain. Some information about you may be shared in the following circumstances:
- Sharing of your data with accountant and HMRC
Where you have used our services, personal data may be shared with our accountant and the HMRC where payments need to be processed or reviewed or there is a legal obligation to store records for tax purposes.
- Sharing data with our consultants
In some instances we engage consultants to work with us on projects and assignments and personal data may be shared with a consultant who is working on that specific project or assignment. This is done in the strictest confidence and your details are never stored or shared outside of this working relationship.
- On a PC at our registered company address. Access to this PC is password protected; the building is locked and secured at night and a security alarm is set when the building is unattended. We limit access to our building only to those who are entitled to be there. The PC is implemented with the appropriate IT controls such as firewalls and high quality anti-virus software.
- On an online encrypted CRM database; an encrypted online data backup system and Microsoft Exchange. All accessed with strong passwords.
- On a mobile device which is protected with a pin number. After 10 failed attempts to enter the correct pin, all data from the devise is automatically deleted.
Links to other sites
Please be aware that our website or communication may occasionally share links to other websites where we feel it is beneficial. However we are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites nor the content or availability of these sites.
Keeping you informed about our products and services
We would like to tell you about our products and services that we think might help your organisation from time to time. Where you have consented to us doing so, we may do this via post, email, text message, phone, online, social media, or by any other electronic means.
Where we have entered into a business dialogue with you, we won’t send you marketing messages if you have not consented us to do so, but we may still need to send you occasional service-related messages. You can opt-out of this communication at any time.
Access and correction of your personal information
You have the right to access the personal information that we hold about you. We will provide this information free of charge, however we will need proof of identity and written notification to do so.
If any of the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date, you may ask us to correct it.
If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us.
Right to stop or limit our processing of your data
You have the right to delete your personal information if we are not entitled to use it anymore and to have your information deleted if we are keeping it too long. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us.
How long do we keep your information for?
If you have used our services in the past or have contacted us with the view to using our services at a later date, we will retain a record of your contact details and previous email correspondence. This is done in order to provide you with a high quality and consistent service. We will always retain your personal information in accordance with law and regulation and never retain your information for longer than is necessary.
As a general rule, if we have not received any communication from clients after a period of 5 years, their data information will be deleted. This time period is determined on a case by case basis, depending on the anticipated turnaround of repeat business. Where you have made an enquiry with us but haven’t as yet used our services, we may delete your information within a shorter period of time where it appears that there has been little or no further engagement with the service we offer.
If you rather we didn’t hold this information, you can let us know and we will delete your information on our database.
When using one of our websites or mobile applications, you may be able to share information through social networks like Instagram Facebook and Twitter. For example when you like, share or review our services. When doing this your personal information may be visible to the providers of those social networks and other users. Please remember it is your responsibility to set appropriate privacy settings on your social network accounts so you are comfortable with how your information is used and shared on them.
Your information is held and accessed in the following locations:
If you would like to exercise one of your rights as set out above, or you have a question or a complaint about this policy or the way your personal information is processed, please contact us by one of the following means:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By post: Zest Learning Ltd, Pheasant Barn, Barff Farm, Thorpe Willoughby, Selby, North Yorkshire, YO89NJ
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK regulator, the Information Commissioner. Go to ico.org.uk/concerns to find out more.